One of the best road trips we took during COVID was definitely to Nashville. We loved MUSIC CITY and all its talent. I love the southern charm, and one of my favorite neighborhoods was definitely 12 South! I put together a full list of things to do from my local Nashville friends and believe me this list is all you need to get to know this city!
- Bastion – All the rage. They don’t take ressies so get there early and grab a drink at the bar. It’s definitely a foodie experience. Pre-fixed menu!
- City House
- Catbird Seat – Same owner as Bastion and a bit easier to get in.
- Butcher and the Bee – Great for small plates, Mediterranean and gorgeous bar area.
- Rolf and Daughters – Cool menu, great food, in east Nashville which is a a little Hipster and adorable.
- 5th and Taylor – Really cool restaurant, heavier food and a great outdoor area.
- Husk – Amazing for brunch or din! We loved their brunch and it’s definitely all about that old southern charm!
- O-KU Sushi – A really cool sushi spot with some of the best sushi I’ve had!
- Henrietta Red – One of the best seafood places!
- Belle Meade Plantation – This place truly teleports you back in time. It’s a stunning property just to walk around in. Has a vineyard or you can do a Bourbon tasting, which we did. It was a perfect day to get a little lit and spend walking around the grounds. We also picked up some cheese and sausage and had a little picnic on the property. It was perfection!
- ACME – Super cool bar / rooftop
- Broadway – This is where all the live music and tourists can be found! It’s super fun to bounce around and listen to all the talent. Of course, during COVID use your own judgment. We wore masks everywhere and only went into bars with open window seating. TOOTSIES is iconic!
- Bluebird – is famous cafe for live music.
- Listening Room – An awesome space where new and old talent performs. We got drinks at the bar and you can really discover some amazing new talent there.
- Thompson Hotel Rooftop – Fantastic for drinks.
- Pinewood Social – Great for drinks + brunch + bowling, awesome scene.
- Eastland Cafe – another place that’s great for drinks and Happy Hours.
- Urban Cowboy – Southern cowboy charm at it’s finest! Super hipster, super cool.
- Crying Wolf – Such a cool bar.
- Rippys – Awesome for outdoor music and drinks!
- Kung Fu Saloon – Young scene and super fun for outdoor games, drinks and occasional live music.
- Graduate Hotel – This is where we stayed and LOVED IT! The rooms are gorgeous, it’s a major ode to Dolly Parton and it’s the girliest, most southern and fabulous place I’ve ever been. We loved White Limozeen, it’s such a cute outdoor and indoor lounge. Their biscuits and black caviar is the best dish ever, I seriously ordered 20. Also the pool is adorable and the entire hotel is so instagram worthy.
- Thomson Hotel – Always comes greatly recommended and it’s a fantastic location.
- Noelle – Also downtown. We were definitely looking into this one as well. Love the vibe and design on this hotel as well. Very masculine and sexy.
- Virgin Hotel Nashville – Newly opened with a killer roof top, has all the Virgin Hotels Vibes.
- Happily Grey – Such a cool spot for come accessories and amazing hats. Overall this store is goals!
- Imogene + Willie – The best denim around!
- Draper James– Reese Witherspoons awesome boutique.
- Whiskey Water – My girlfriend Anna owns the cutest little shop. I highly recommend you check it out. Filled with the latest trends for her, jewelry and candles.
- Travis Austin – This is where I left all my money! If you have been dreaming of a custom hat and one designed by Travis himself you must check this place out! Travis also had killer leather jackets. I designed my own hat with him and it was an epic experience.
I hope you enjoyed this little guide to Nashville and I hope you visit this adorable city soon. It maybe one of my favorite places in all of the US!
P.s. check out more travel content here!